About a year ago Google commissioned research to help them better understand how smartphones are used in consumers’ daily lives, and how they’ve influenced the ways consumers search, shop and respond to mobile advertising.
- 79% use a smartphone to help with shopping
- 70% use their smartphone while in a store…to read reviews and product info (44%), to get promos and coupons (49%), to compare prices (49%)
- 74% of shoppers made a purchase based on a smartphone search
- Looking for local information is one of the most popular smartphone activities (95%!)
- ….and 88% use the info they find to take action the same day!
This video is compilation of their findings. Enjoy it, we did. :)